40-HOUR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TRAINING
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage appreciates your interest in our 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training session.
Domestic violence is a very complex issue that affects one out of three women in her lifetime. The Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICDVP) therefore requires that all domestic violence staff, interns and volunteers who wish to provide direct services to victims complete a minimum of 40 hours of training.
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage (FSS of MFSD) has been approved by the ICDVP Board of Directors to offer this training. Our professional facilitators offer this training two to three times a year, and trainings are open to professionals and community members who wish to learn more about this devastating societal problem.
The topics covered are all essential to a true understanding of domestic abuse and include, but are not limited to:
- Violence: An American Tradition
- Impact of violence on the victim
- Profile of the batterer
- Effects of domestic violence on children
- Substance abuse and domestic violence
- Orders of Protection and the legal response
No matter what your reason for attending this training, you will find it to be a life-altering education experience, and the knowledge you gain will enable you to advocate in your community on behalf of all victims.
About the training
FSS of MFSD offers the 40-hour domestic violence training several times per year. Details and training schedule will vary by training; click here for information on our upcoming session.
- We realize you are making quite a commitment to attend the training, so we encourage you to dress casually and feel free to bring lunch and snacks for yourself as we have a large refrigerator for storage!
- Fees vary depending on the type of attendee, and cover the cost of the training and manuals you will be able to keep as a resource.
- Reservations tend to fill up quickly due to limited space and a high interest from community members, so we cannot guarantee slots will still be available by each session’s registration deadline.
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage
605 E Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Tel: 630-221-8290 | Fax: 630-221-8098