40-HOUR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TRAINING
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage appreciates your interest in our 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training session.
Domestic violence is a very complex issue that affects one out of three women in her lifetime. The Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICDVP) therefore requires that all domestic violence staff, interns and volunteers who wish to provide direct services to survivors complete a minimum of 40 hours of training.
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage (FSS of MFSD) has been approved by the ICDVP Board of Directors to offer this training. Our professional facilitators offer this training two to three times a year, and trainings are open to professionals and community members who wish to learn more about this devastating societal problem.
The topics covered are all essential to a true understanding of domestic abuse and include, but are not limited to:
- Violence: An American Tradition
- Impact of violence on the victim
- Profile of the batterer
- Effects of domestic violence on children
- Substance abuse and domestic violence
- Orders of Protection and the legal response
- Cultural Competence (including better understanding of varying communities; ie LGBTQIA+, Immigrants, racism, and more)
No matter what your reason for attending this training, you will find it to be a life-altering education experience, and the knowledge you gain will enable you to advocate in your community on behalf of all survivors.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
FSS of MFSD offers the 40-hour domestic violence training four times per year; in January, April, July, and October. Details and training schedule will vary by training.
- Please fill out the wait list form to be notified of specific dates.
- As of July 2021, due to increasing costs of offering the training, our base cost of registration has increased to $300. Discounts for staff, volunteers, and students are still available.
Please fill out the form below to join the waitlist for our future trainings.
- In order to ensure you receive all training-related emails, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed emails list.
- STAFF, please use your @metrofamily.org email when filling out the below form to ensure you receive training communications. Staff who use a private email will NOT be sent registration emails.
FSS of MFSD 40-Hour DV Training Wait List
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage
605 E Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Tel: 630-221-8290 | Fax: 630-221-8098