40-HOUR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TRAINING
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage appreciates your interest in our 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training session.
Domestic violence is a very complex issue that affects one out of three women in her lifetime. The Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICDVP) therefore requires that all domestic violence staff, interns and volunteers who wish to provide direct services to victims complete a minimum of 40 hours of training.
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage (FSS of MFSD) has been approved by the ICDVP Board of Directors to offer this training. Our professional facilitators offer this training two to three times a year, and trainings are open to professionals and community members who wish to learn more about this devastating societal problem.
The topics covered are all essential to a true understanding of domestic abuse and include, but are not limited to:
- Violence: An American Tradition
- Impact of violence on the victim
- Profile of the batterer
- Effects of domestic violence on children
- Substance abuse and domestic violence
- Orders of Protection and the legal response
No matter what your reason for attending this training, you will find it to be a life-altering education experience, and the knowledge you gain will enable you to advocate in your community on behalf of all victims.
About the training
FSS of MFSD offers the 40-hour domestic violence training several times per year. Details and training schedule will vary by training; click here for information on our upcoming session.
- Our next 40-hour training will take place in person in late July / early August.
- Please note that if you are planning to become certified as an Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professional (ICDVP), an online training WILL NOT qualify you for ICDVP certification as it is being held remotely rather than in person. In order to receive ICDVP certification, you need to complete an ICDVP-approved 40-hour in-person DV training, complete 150 hours of supervised direct service at an ICDVP-approved supervision site, and then pass the ICDVP exam. This is probably not needed by most of you but we want you to know in case you were planning to become a certified Domestic Violence Professional eventually.
The next session of our 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training is full. We are working hard to add additional sessions. Please fill out the form below to join the waitlist for our future trainings.
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage
605 E Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Tel: 630-221-8290 | Fax: 630-221-8098