Thank you for your interest in donating goods to Metropolitan Family Services! Gift In Kind donations are non-cash donations of goods or services that are donated to benefit Metropolitan Family Services. Please complete the form below in order to receive an official donation receipt for tax purposes. Please note that MFS staff cannot interpret value of non-financial donations; this information must be provided by the donor.
Metropolitan Family Services is committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We do not sell, distribute or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties.
Thank you for your generosity!
Donate Goods to Offset Costs
- Art Supplies – construction paper (multi-colored), craft paper, markers, glue, scissors, ribbon
- Children’s Items – toys, baby items (diapers, wipes, blankets, onesies, bottles, baby wash, safety kits, etc.)
- Client Needs – bus passes, books for libraries (children & adults), Jewel-Osco gift cards, personal care supplies (razors, soap, body wash, toothbrushes), “In The Trunk” items (for graduating seniors heading to college), passes to family-friendly outings (zoo, museums, ball games, etc.), gas cards
- Household items (to set set up a new apartment) – small electric appliances, bedding, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Office Needs – Miscellaneous greeting cards, gift bags, pens, folders, binders, copy paper
- Large Items – new or gently used furniture (for adult group home), 36″-42″ television with built in DVD player (for office use)
- Staff Needs – Wellness kit (hand sanitizer, hadn lotion, tissues, pens, notepads), bags of candy (for fairs & events in the community), healthy snacks (for group meetings & trainings), therapy dolls, goody bag items for volunteers (playing cards, pens, notepads, etc.), forever stamps
Donate Goods for Resale
Metropolitan Family Services operates the Treasure House Resale Shop located in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Click here for contact and location information.) The Treasure House accepts both gently used and items in good condition in the following categories:
- Clothing – ladies, maternity, men’s, children
- Accessories – jewelry, belts, scarves, socks, ties, handbags and totes
- Bed and Bath – blankets, comforters, quilts, sheets, pillow cases and shams, towels, bath mats, shower curtains, towel racks, soap dishes
- Decorative Items – artwork, baskets, candy dishes, candles/candle holders, figurines, mirrors, prints and
posters, silk flowers
- Electronics – boom boxes, CD players, clocks, DVD players, fans, iPods, microwaves, TVs, video game systems
- Entertaining – fine china, silverware, stemware, crystal
- Entertainment – books, videos, CDs, DVDs, records, sheet music
- Household Items – lamps/lamp shades, luggage, curtains and drapes, table cloths, napkins/napkin rings, placemats
- Kitchen Items – antique items, bread boxes, canister sets, cookware, utensils, dishes, flatware, glasses
- Medical – crutches, shower benches, walkers, wheelchairs
- Seasonal Items
- Shoes and Footwear
- Sports Equipment – baseball bats/gloves, fishing gear, golf clubs, ice skates, rackets, skis/boots/poles
- Toys – Barbies, bicycles, dolls, games, puzzles, sleds
Items not accepted for resale include large or broken appliances, kitchen/ bathroom cabinets, computers and computer accessories/books, used undergarments and bathing suits, mattresses/ bed pillows, baby equipment, exercise equipment, textbooks and encyclopedias, hanging chandeliers, fire arms, and liquids and/or flammables.
Other Opportunities for Donating Goods
Consider contributing goods or products that could be used to offset purchases. Please contact our community centers to inquire about making a donation of goods.
You can also host a donation drive in support of Metropolitan Family Services and our on-going need in these areas. Click here to learn how you can Host a Donation Drive!