Veterans with TriCare Military Insurance Now Able to Get Mental Health Services
CHICAGO (July 1, 2010) – Metropolitan Family Services is now offering mental health outpatient and support services to veterans who have TriCare military insurance. Services will be available at Metropolitan’s Southeast Chicago Center, located on Chicago’s Southeast Side, as well as at its Southwest Center in Palos Hills and its Blue Island location.
Metropolitan’s counseling and psychiatric services for veterans are designed to help them and their families manage symptoms, stress and challenges related to military service. Services focus on veterans’ strengths and their capacity for change while addressing key issues, special needs and adjustment issues they experience. Professionals providing services include licensed clinical professional counselors, clinical social workers, nurses and psychiatrists.
Confidential program services include:
- Assessment and Treatment Planning – provided to determine the best course of treatment for each client. Based on assessed needs, treatment plans are developed to work towards positive change and growth. Treatment planning is a collaborative process in which the client defines his or her life goals and is helped to design a service plan which will help them achieve those goals.
- Psychiatric Services – offered by medical doctors and nurses and includes medication management. Doctors provide services to clients who are actively participating in the program.
- Counseling/Therapy – helps clients manages symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression, bi-polar and other disorders that impact health and well being. Therapy also may help clients address grief and loss issues, minimize trauma’s impact, readjust to civilian life, find a job or manage finances, learn to manage physical disabilities, overcome relationship challenges and adjust to any other changes that have a major impact on life.
- Family Counseling – offers support to family and friends dealing with various issues such as separation from loved ones due to deployment, loss of a loved one in combat, relationship changes and stress.
- Skill Building Groups – help clients limit isolation and experience positive change at home, school and work, supporting successful re-adjustment into the community.
- Support Groups – assist clients and their family members to understand and cope with the unique challenges faced by veterans.
- Case Management – links clients to community resources such as public entitlements, financial assistance, housing and medical services.
In addition to TriCare insurance, Metropolitan Family Services accepts Medicare and Medicaid, private insurance and self-pay as payment options for services.
To get information or to enroll in services, contact the following Metropolitan Family Services locations nearest you:
- Metropolitan Family Services Southeast Chicago Center
3062 East 91st Street
Chicago, IL 60617
- Metropolitan Family Services/Blue Island Location
13136 South Western Avenue
Blue Island, IL 60406
- Metropolitan Family Services Southwest Center
10537 South Roberts Road
Palos Hills, IL 60465
About Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services is one of Chicago’s first human services agencies, reaching more than 50,000 individuals and families in the city and the suburbs with programs and services that help families realize their potential and lead healthy, productive lives.