Evanston/Skokie Valley Center partners on New Baby Evanston, offering newborn home visits
Together with our friends at NorthShore University HealthSystem, Evanston Cradle to Career, Family Focus, Evanston/Skokie School District 65, and Childcare Network of Evanston, Metropolitan Evanston/Skokie is pleased to welcome new babies to Evanston!
For families of Evanston babies born at NorthShore Perinatal Family Support Center, our Evanston/Skokie Center will collaborate with our partners to offer new baby home visits.
To support parents and families, we aim to:
- Connect parents to needed resources
- Identify and offer support to parents suffering from postpartum depression
- Maximize use of home family visiting in Evanston
- Reinforce the role of parents as their child’s first teacher
Case Managers and Clinicians across our collaboration will playfully model parenting behaviors that reinforce bonding and healthy brain development by sharing Evanston C2C’s Talk, Read, Sing materials, conducting behavioral health assessments, and identifying resources to further support the families.
We will use an evidence-based model of universal one-time new baby home visits to positively impact a variety of factors in a child’s early life, including:
- Better utilization of higher quality child care
- Higher quality parenting behaviors
- Enhanced home environments
- Greater community connections
- Improved mental health of mothers
- Dramatically reduced emergency medical care for infants