Staff and clients Mpowered to Advocate at our Legislative Roundtable
Metropolitan staff and clients are Mpowered to advocate, for themselves and for their communities!
At our first-ever Legislative Roundtable, we were pleased to offer an opportunity for our frontline behavioral health and domestic violence staff and program participants to meet with their elected officials, and advocate for specific policy goals in our agency’s legislative agenda.
This dynamic conversation with several legislators and their staffs, hosted by our Government Affairs team and agency-wide Advocacy Task Force, elevated our perspectives on issues important to our communities.
As the Illinois General Assembly is in full swing and as legislators’ calendars are filling quickly with deadlines, we’d like to extend a special thank you to those who created the time to engage as learners this Session:
- Senator Robert Peters
- Senator Cristina Pacione-Zayas
- Senator Celina Villanueva
- Representative Lindsey LaPointe
- Representative Terra Costa Howard
- Representative Francis Ann Hurley
- Representative Janet Yang Rohr
- Representative Deanne Mazzochi
- Representative Maura Hirschauer
- Representative Will Guzzardi
View the full Legislative Roundtable program: