Tips for Tackling Stress
Focus on Mental Wellness
The stress of the holidays may be over, but inevitably, stress seems to find its way into everyday life. Metropolitan Family Services would like to share these helpful tips on managing stress from Helpguide.org:
- Avoid unnecessary stress. While this may be easier said than done, you may be surprised at the amount of stress you can eliminate if you really try.
- Alter the situation. If you repeatedly find yourself in the same stressful situation, look for ways to change it.
- Adapt to the stressor. If you can’t change the stressor, change your outlook of it. Take control and alter your attitude about the situation.
- Accept the things you can’t change. Sometimes simple acceptance of a difficult challenge can help you focus your energy on getting past the obstacle and on to something new.
- Make time for fun and relaxation. When you’re refreshed, you are better able to handle stress.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
For additional tips, read more from helpguide.org. And there even are iphone apps to help you destress.
Metropolitan Family Services provides supportive, caring counseling for individuals and families in any phase of life so they are empowered to better handle life’s challenges. Learn more about the Mental Health Services we offer.