Little YOUth Dental Expo shares smiles and dental education
Our DuPage Center’s recent Little YOUth free dental expo engaged children and families in our early learning programs with dental health!
Our Wheaton/Warrenville Early Childhood Collaborative, in partnership with Oral Health Care Professionals, provided free dental exams to children ages 0-3 years to help encourage early dental care among our young patients. Dr. Eric Jackson discussed dental health with the children and their parents, sharing good dental hygiene practices that will follow them through life.
Support from the Chicago Dental Society Foundation provided a portable exam chair, the dental supplies and giveaways for the kids. Dr. Jackson and his team donated their time, and support from Henry Schein Dental allowed us to provide more dental supplies.
- Dr. Jackson and his team provided the equivalent of $4,425 in dentistry services
- 29 families with 62 children attended
- 59 children received oral dental screening, treatment, dental education and resources
- 32 children registered for Early Head Start programs at Metropolitan DuPage
- 23 children screened for hearing and vision
Read on for photos & video from the day!