at Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage
Holiday Shoppe is an opportunity to share the joy of the holiday season with those affected by domestic violence and their children. Our clients are able to shop for free for their family in a welcoming and safe environment. We invite companies, organizations, faith-based organizations, and service groups to support this event with donations of gift cards, toys, time and talent.
You can make a difference this year!
Donate gift cards or new unwrapped children’s gifts:
- Gift Cards: Target, Visa, Wal-Mart, Gas Cards, Jewel, ALDI
- Items: warm hats, scarves and mittens, baby toys, children’s books (English and Spanish), puzzles, educational toys and games, Legos, blocks, arts and crafts supplies, sporting equipment and games- especially soccer balls, dolls (Caucasian, Black and Latina), youth jewelry, pay as you go phones, movie tickets, cameras.
- Please no violent toys, guns (including Nerf guns, and water guns), swords or other weapons.
Volunteer at Holiday Shoppe:
Individual and group/corporate opportunities are available!
Drop-off and volunteer times
- Drop Off and Set Up:
- Wednesday, December 4th from 3pm to 7pm
- Thursday, December 5th from 3pm to 7pm
- Friday December 6th from 9am to 5pm
- Help clients shop:
- Monday December 9th 8am to 7pm
- Clean Up:
- Tuesday, December 10th from 9am to noon
To volunteer, contact Katie Peterson at PetersonK@metrofamily.org
Make a cash donation to support those in need during the holidays:
Family Shelter Service of Metropolitan Family Services DuPage
605 E Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Tel: 630-221-8290 | Fax: 630-221-8098