Calumet Center recognizes Child Abuse Prevention Week
Our Calumet Center and Altgeld Gardens site honored Child Abuse Prevention Month this April by hosting a variety of Child Abuse Prevention events and initiatives. Read more below, and scroll down for photos of these initiatives in action!
Thank you to Bianca Clark, LSW and Ashley Bush, LSW, who led the Child Abuse Prevention initiatives.
- Several members of the Calumet and Altgeld Gardens team attended “Wear your Blue” day at the 005th District Police Station and learned about human trafficking and positive discipline practices.
- Brought the community together for an Awareness Walk at Altgeld Gardens with police officers and police horses
- Held a training on child abuse awareness, and what to do in a situation of child abuse, for staff and community members
- Placed blue pinwheels outside the Calumet Center building to raise awareness, in addition to educational displays for staff and community members
- Hosted story time at Aldridge Elementary with 005th District Police Officers